Rules and Regulations
Edmonton Soccer Association Facilities
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Bookings for field usage and cancellations for indoor facilities may only be done through theESAF office, Monday through Friday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
2. If instances of field booking duplication arise, ESAF Building Attendant Master Schedule will take precedence.
3. All bookings times must be paid in full before play will be allowed. NO EXCEPTIONS! VISA or MasterCard must be used in order to book a casual practice over the phone. Payment can be made by cash, credit card or debit card in person at the East Soccer Centre only. (NO PERSONAL CHEQUES)
4. Cancellation of casual practices must be received in writing (email or fax), during office hours, a minimum of FIVE (5) business days prior to practice time. Any team or person failing to cancel a minimum of FIVE (5) business days prior to practice time will be charged in full. Absolutely no credits will be issued for this instance. Associations and other major user groups are subject to separate block booking turn back policies. Cancellations can only be made by the person who scheduled the booking.
5. Practice and game times are for the duration of 55 minutes and not one hour. Score clocks are operated by official referees, coaches and managers ONLY. Building Staff will facilitate any bookings running over allotted time.
6. Climbing or jumping over boards or on the outside of bleachers will not be tolerated. On mezzanine/spectator level: No standing, climbing or sitting on railings. Falls may result in injury. Do not leave children unattended.
7. Supervision of minors is required by their parents or guardians at all times. Facilities staff is not responsible for the supervision of children.
8. NO hanging or pulling on the bleacher nets, or field nets.
9. Gum not permitted on fields.
10. NO sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, unshelled pistachios or unshelled peanuts allowed anywhere on the premises.
11. Indoor Turf: No street shoes or outside shoes on indoor turf including black-soled rubber shoes that will mark turf. Use of children’s “Heelies” or roller-shoes is not permitted within the facilities.
Outdoor Turf: No six stud or bladed cleats allowed on artificial turf.
Complex Building: No cleats of any kind permitted in lounge areas.
12. NO squirting water or spitting in the facility. NO food or drinks (other than water) are permitted on the fields or in the player/referee boxes.
13. NO pets are allowed in the facilities. Pets are allowed on premises directly outside of indoor and outdoor facilities provided they are leashed and with the owner, the owner is responsible for picking up after their pets. With the exception of licensed service animals, no pets permitted within 3 m of any playing surfaces at the outdoor facilities.. Licensed service animals are permitted and staff should be notified upon their entrance into the facility. Staff may request proof of credentials.
14. NO smoking of any kind permitted in any of the buildings. At the outdoor Complex, smoking is permitted only in the designated area, NO smoking of any kind permitted elsewhere. Violation will result in a $250 FINE for first offence. A second offence will result in a FACILITIES BAN.
15. No conveyance, no consumption, no possession of alcohol on facility property; this includes disposing of cans/bottles in garbage cans on facility property. Consumption of alcohol permitted in lounges only. Violation will result in a $250 FINE for first offence. A second offence will result in a FACILITIES BAN.
16. Please park in designated areas and comply with the "NO PARKING" and "EMERGENCY ACCESS" and STAFF PARKING ONLY signs posted. Violators are subject to ticketing and towing. No parking is permitted in neighbouring businesses' parking lots. NO stunting and/or racing in the parking lot. Disciplinary action may include bans, bonds or fines.
17. Dressing room and referee room keys are available at the control desk and require the deposit of team representative or referee car keys prior to issuance. Keys will be issued thirty minutes prior to game/practice time and must be returned within thirty minutes of booking completion.
A) Keys not returned immediately following booking will be subject to $125 LOST KEY charge.
B) Individuals who purposefully damage keys or door locks will be subject to a re-coring charge (currently $118.00 + tax) as well as any applicable fines, bonds or bans.
18. MINIMUM $50 FINE to teams leaving dressing rooms untidy and/or damaged and for leaving the showers running. Costs for repair will also be charged to the team or to individuals.
19. MINIMUM $50 FINE for team benches left with garbage and recyclables not placed in the appropriate provided disposal containers.
20. No one is permitted onto indoor playing surfaces prior to field lights being turned on by facility staff. Violations may result in team fines or bonds.
21. Practicing or walking across closed grass fields at the ESA Complex may result in team fines or bonds.
22. NO playing with soccer balls or other sports equipment and NO warming up outside field areas. Coaches must not issue soccer balls or other sports equipment until the team is on the playing field. In-Line skates are permitted within arenas only, with the exception of helmeted referees. Sports equipment may be brought in to the facility for on-field purposes only. Off field use may result in confiscation.
23. CSA approved helmets are mandatory for all players, coaches, and referees on the concrete surfaces. Stick sports require helmets to be worn on all surfaces including turf. Violation will result in $50 FINE for first offence. A second offence will result in FACILITIES BAN.
24. All Teams utilizing ESAF must have first aid equipment on their bench. ESAF first aid supplies are meant only to be used as a supplement to the individual clubs’ first aid equipment. If there is bleeding due to injury, or other bodily fluids on the surface of the field of play, the game or practice MUST STOP. Ensure minimal exposure to potential pathogens by reporting blood and/or bodily fluids and allowing cleanup immediately.
25. Indoor Soccer Admissions Policy - Edmonton Soccer Centres West, East and South
$4.00 Daily Admission – Individuals (18 and over)
$29.00 Individual Season Pass – Individuals (18 and over). Pass must be shown for each individual for admission without charge. Valid for one person's admission and can be used within an immediate family (i.e. mother or father) on separate occasions. Pass is valid for only one person's access without charge when more than one immediate family member is present.
FREE – Ages 17 and Younger – Ages 60 and Older
Non-transferable Player and Coach Admission Passes are required to be shown for admission without charge and are to be used by registered players, referees and coaches only (distributed through your league).
ESAF reserves the right to charge additional admission fees for special events at all facilities. Copying Passes is prohibited. Teams or individuals using an illegal or copied pass will result in a FACILITIES BAN.
Player/Coach or other ESAF passes cannot be distributed inside the building or lobby area by team representatives in order to facilitate free entry for others. A $50 FINE will be levied if players or other team representatives do not show a valid pass or refuse to pay the admission charge upon entering the building. ESAF assumes no responsibility for lost/stolen or damaged passes.
The physical pass must be shown for valid admission, facsimiles will not be accepted.
26. All facility users, including players (parents or guardians), coaches, managers, trainers, gate openers, referees, etc. are required to complete an ESAF Release of Liability Waiver of Claims Assumption of Risks and Indemnity Agreement (Release Forms) prior to using any Edmonton Soccer Association Facility (Edmonton Soccer Centre West, East and South, and the Edmonton Soccer Association Complex). It is the responsibility of each individual Association to coordinate and confirm completion for their member teams.
27. Edmonton Soccer Association Facilities/Edmonton Soccer Centres are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Valuables should not be left in dressing rooms and/or shower/washrooms. For Lost/Found articles, check with the Building Attendant on duty.
28. Any individual (player, coach, spectator) or team whose behavior warrants that the police be called to any ESA Facility will be AUTOMATICALLY BANNED from all ESA Facilities for a period of one year and/or will be subject to performance bonds and a probation period. This disciplinary action may be increased depending on the severity of the incident. Further disciplinary action may be taken by the league in which you play in addition to the ESAF ban.
29. If an individual or team is found guilty of vandalism or property damage to ESAF, that individual or team will be responsible for all repair costs incurred, will be assessed an automatic ONE (1) YEAR MINIMUM BAN from entering all ESAF and/or will be subject to performance bonds and a probationary period. Acts of vandalism will also be subject to criminal prosecution. Further disciplinary action may be taken by the league in which the individual or individuals play(s) in addition to the ESAF ban. (This includes hockey sticks and lacrosse equipment misused in the indoor facilities).
30. A) If an individual is found guilty of fighting outside the fields of play and within facilities properties, ESAF will assess an automatic ONE (1) YEAR MINIMUM BAN to the individual from entering all ESAF, and/or subject him or her to performance bonds and a probationary period. Further disciplinary action may be taken by the league in which the individual or individuals play(s) in addition to the ESAF discipline.
B) If fighting altercations occur outside the fields of play and specific individuals cannot be identified as participants, teams will be assessed one year performance bonds by ESAF.
31. Violations of facility bans by an individual will result in formal charges under the Trespass to Premises Act of Alberta along with increased terms of the ban and police involvement. If the individual violating the facility ban is connected to a specific team/league, performance bonds may be issued to that team/league.
32. Teams will be held responsible for the behavior of their players, coaches, management and supporters. Performance bonds, fines, facilities ban can result.
33. Assaults on staff/directors or instances of provable theft from ESAF, will result in MINIMUM FIVE (5) YEAR FACILITIES BAN and criminal charges may be filed.
34. Verbal abuse and/or threats towards ESAF staff will not be tolerated. Disciplinary action may include bans, bonds or fines.
35. Handicapped Lift is only for handicapped accessibility and others who may require it. See Building Control Desk for access.
36. Illegal substances and weapons of any nature are absolutely forbidden on the property of any ESAF and will result in a FACILITIES BAN.
37. Use of obscene/foul language or inappropriate behavior on or off the fields will not be tolerated. Referees and building staff have been instructed to deal with this immediately. Facilities accommodate a wide range of age groups. Fines or suspensions may result.
38. Laser pens/pointers and noise makers are forbidden within the Edmonton Soccer Association Facilities. Police involvement, facilities ban/bonds as well as team sanctions can result.
39. A) The Appeals Committee is made up of representatives from Edmonton Soccer Association Facilities, Edmonton & District Soccer Association, and Edmonton Minor Soccer Association.
B) Appeals must be received in a written (faxed (780 406-4976) or emailed) format and received by the office before the deadline (7 calendar days).
C) Appeals must have a payment of an Administrative fee of $100 plus any discipline fees payment before the deadline.
D) Payments are to be made at the East Soccer Centre (12720 Victoria Trail) by way of Visa or Master Card (via phone) or cash, debit, or team cheque (No personal cheques). Any team cheques returned due to insufficient funds or other reason will be subjected to a $40 service charge and no further cheque privileges will be permitted.
E) A late fee of $50.00 will be applied to all fine payments received past the deadline. Late appeals will not be accepted past the deadline.
F) Fines not paid after the 7 calendar day deadline will result in immediate suspension from the facilities until the payment is received.
40. A) The appeals Committee will make every effort to meet within a reasonable time frame, and ESA will notify the individual or team in question in regards to the date and time of the hearing.
B) The result of the hearing shall be sent to the accused no later than five (5) working days after the hearing.
C) Offending individuals may only represent themselves. A coach or manager may represent their Team in cases involving entire team suspensions or bans. The coach or person responsible for the field booking will be permitted to attend hearings with offending individuals who are under the age of 18.
D) Failure to appear at a discipline hearing when due process has been given shall result in a denied appeal.
E) The Committee’s decision on the appeal will be final.
41. For shared consumption (outside of preparation for immediate family members), only store bought food, not in direct competition with our sponsors and in its original packaging, is permitted in the soccer facilities.
42. Those field rentals which are booked as practices but have officials show up to referee will be retroactively charged for game rates.
43. There will be no interest on returning bonds.
44. Shirts and shoes must be worn. Sports bras must be covered by a shirt. Individuals must be properly clothed when leaving the field, dressing rooms, or applicable shower rooms.
45. Use of equipment other than pylons or cones must be approved in writing prior to booking or practice. Field goals and field benches (ESA Complex) are stationary. Patio tables and picnic tables are not to be moved.
46. Any and all fundraising must be approved in writing. Solicitation is not permitted.
47. ESA reserves the right to enforce fines, bonds or bans for any other general misconduct not outlined above, or to increase amounts specified in the event of serious violations.
NOTE: VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY RESULT IN EJECTION FROM BUILDING.
August 23, 2016